Located in Sherwood Park; the 169th Glen Allen Scout Group has been providing quality Scouting programs for more than 40 years.
We offer well developed challenging programs for boys, girls, and young adults aged 5-26 that not only provide fun for the Scouter, but ingrain important life skills such as sharing, doing one’s best, being prepared, challenging both one’s self and others; and offering service to others.
We are the largest Scout Group in Sherwood Park, offering more evenings of Scouting activities to the largest and most varied Scouting Sections as follows:
- Beaver and Cub Sections:
- Beavers (boys and girls aged 5-7) meet Monday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Cubs (boys and girls aged 8-10) meet Monday and Thursday evenings from 7:15 pm to 8:45 pm.
- Scout and Venturer Sections:
- Scouts (boys and girls aged 11-14) meet Tuesday evenings, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
- Venturers (boys and girls aged 14-17) meet Tuesday evenings, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
Currently, our Sections meet at Father Kenneth Kearns School. 8 Sandpiper Drive, Sherwood Park - (map)
Please watch the local Sherwood Park newspapers for notices of our registration nights, as well as the mall-wide registration event at Sherwood park Mall, typically held mid-August.
The navigation bar, at the top of the page contains further information on each section, as well as calendar events, news letters, and forms.
If you have any further questions, or would like more information regarding our Group, please feel free to contact me personally.
- Brian Cottell
- Group Commissioner
- 169th Glen Allan Scout Group
- c/o 43 Crystal Way
- Sherwood Park, Alberta
- T8H 1T9
- E-mail -
- Phone - 780-417-0368
- Mobile - 780-691-4921